OSSIE’S Salad Recall Announcement– On September 15, 2016, SM Fish Corp. recalled its OSSIE’S brand ready to eat salads due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
OSSIE’S Salad Recall- Product Recall Information
SM Fish Corp. of Far Rockaway, NY has recalled its OSSIE’S brand ready-to-eat salads because the products may be contaminated with the foodborne pathogen Listeria monocytogenes. The company press release stated that Listeria monocytogenes may cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea; however Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The recall was the result of sampling and inspection by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA found Listeria monocytogenes in multiple locations throughout their production facility. The multiple recalled products were sold at the firm’s seven retail outlets located in New York and New Jersey between August 1, 2016 and September 9, 2016. The recalled products were packed in plastic deli containers with a UPC Code and “Best By” date codes of 8/21/16 through 10/18/16 (located on the bottom of the tub).
A list of the potentially contaminated recalled products follows:
• OSSIE’S PICKLED LOX DAIRY, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885114136
• OSSIE’S HERRING IN SOURCREAM, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885114174
• OSSIE’S TAAM SHABBOS HERRING, NET WT. 7 OZ., UPC 739885109057
• OSSIE’S STIGLITZ HERRING, NET WT. 7 OZ., UPC 739885109064
• OSSIE’S WASABI HERRING, NET WT. 7 OZ., UPC 739885109088
• OSSIE’S SWEDISH MATJES HERRING, NET WT. 7 OZ., UPC 739885109101
• OSSIE’S DUBLIN HERRING, NET WT. 7 OZ., UPC 739885109002
• OSSIE’S HONEY MUSTARD HERRING; NET WT. 7 OZ. 739885109019
• OSSIE’S PICKLED LOX & CREAM, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885104113
• OSSIE’S SHMALTZ HERRING, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885104182
• OSSIE’S ROMAN SHMALTZ HERRING, NET WT. 7 OZ., UPC 739885109026
• OSSIE’S PICKLED HERRING, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885104175
• OSSIE’S PICKLED HERRING CLEAR, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885104205
• OSSIE’S PICKLED LOX, NET WT. 8 OZ., UPC 739885104137
• OSSIE’S EGG SALAD, NET WT. 7OZ., UPC 73988570552
• OSSIE’S EGG WITH MUSHROOM, NET WT. 7OZ., UPC 73988570556
• OSSIE’S EGG WITH SCALLION, NET WT. 7OZ., UPC 73988570555
• OSSIE’S LITE TUNA, NET WT. 7OZ., UPC 73988570551
• OSSIE’S HOME MADE TUNA SALAD, NET WT. 7OZ., UPC 73988570550
Contact the Weinberg Law Firm for Food Poisoning Legal Help
The Weinberg Law Firm is currently assisting victims of Listeria food poisoning outbreaks nationwide. If you or a loved one was sickened after consuming a Listeria contaminated product and you would like to learn more about your legal rights, please fill out the Free Legal Case Evaluation form found on this page. You can also call us toll free, 24/7 at 877-934-6274. Let us help you take the first step toward seeking compensation for your food poisoning injuries.